Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pie Cupcakes

Hello again! I feel a little more active on this blog now that I finally decided to share it on my Facebook page. I've been apprecaiting all the love I've received and couldn't be happier with how everything turned out!

Some of my favorite clients ordered again! The same lovely people who ordered my Spiderweb Cupcakes and my Ombre Cupcakes placed another order for their 'Friendsgiving' that they were holding the day before Thanksgiving. They wanted one dozen cupcakes made to look like pies, but made with Stevia instead of sugar. 

I have never baked with Stevia before, so I knew this was going to be a challenge. I found a Stevia bag that measured just like sugar! Cup for cup! Finding this was a life saver!

Below, you'll find pictures of how everything was decorated, but no recipe. The recipe was just a plain vanilla with the Stevia replacement. The photos demonstrate how to decorate cupcakes so they look like pies, but with a twist because my clients wanted pie filling, too! Enjoy!!
The Finished Product
Baking, baking, baking
The pie filling was added by cutting a cone-shaped chunk out of the top of the cupcake. PLEASE make sure to keep the top matched with the cupcake it came from. Trust me- it'll make things a LOT easier!
Here's a shot with the filling added in. Just enough cherries for each cupcake!
I bought a bag of m&m's, and satisfied my OCD by separating the colors. You can use any color, but since I wanted to keep a pie-theme, I chose red and blue only.
I recommend frosting your cupcake before you start decorating. The frosting will help the candies stay on the cupcake while you continue to decorate.
I recommend starting with 1 candy in the center, 5 candies around the center, and however many candies that can fit on it after the center is done.
Do the candies first before you pipe everything! 
Ta-Dah!

No comments:

Post a Comment