Saturday, March 4, 2017

Moana Cake

Long time, no bake!

I can't believe the last time I posted was literally (almost to the day!) TWO YEARS ago!  A lot of time has passed and quite a few life changes have happened since that last baking post. I took some time away to regroup, I'd noticed that I had made baking out to be my stress, not my stress relief. My mind was wrapped around being perfect, and I lost the ability to find the fun in my products.

Since then, I've had time to relax, move into an apartment, and go through a whirlwind of bullshit to get to where I'm at now. Haha!

I happily took in this order for my coworker, Colleen. She's such a sweetheart and loves, loves, LOVES her grandkids with all her heart. After talking with Colleen about what the birthday girl would want for cake, we came up with a Moana theme as the best idea. 

The cake is a plain vanilla with a vanilla buttercream frosting. It felt SO GOOD to get back into the groove of baking and dancing/singing in the kitchen while my music is blasting. I look forward to getting back into the full swing of things. I even have happy recruits at work who are getting accustomed to the idea of testing out my flavors! It's good to be back! (Enjoy the photos and please excuse the poorer-than-normal picture quality. I was in a rush and forgot to take the time to get better photos.) 



 















5 comments:

  1. You make the most beautiful cakes!! Love your moana cake, when u come to visit, bring a cake pan, we can buy everything else! I'm gonna get my own cake yet!!! Lol. Love ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess my first attempt at this didn't work😔 I said you are as beautiful as your cakes!! I'm proud to know such a talented lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be one of my favorite cakes that you have done (the zoo cake is a close 2nd). Great job Katelyn!! Can I have one for my birthday? (but I want Rock's character on my cake instead of Moana. lol)

    ReplyDelete